School District of Mishicot Managed IT Services
GDC Provides Managed IT Services for Wisconsin Public School District
3 Min Read
Size: 800 students and 100 employees
Location: Manitowoc County, WI
The School District of Mishicot (“Mishicot”), a rural district located in Manitowoc County, WI, serves over 800 students and employs over 100 staff members. The district includes an elementary school, middle school and high school. Ranking in the top quarter of school districts statewide, Mishicot prides itself on three main goals for its students: to empower, innovate, and inspire.
Mishicot had a full time IT Manager before engaging with GDC, however, the District had issues with general technology organization, communication with teachers and staff, and tasks being completed in a timely manner. With one sole technology resource, the district did not have the ability to plan strategically for the longer term, a vital capability for a school district to be able to ensure its learning environment is up to date on the latest technology. The key objective of seeking GDC’s services was to improve the IT operations across the District. Mishicot needed transparency, dependability and the quality and quantity of resources needed to navigate the ever-changing world of technology in public education.
GDC provided several solutions to Mishicot including strategic planning, upgrade projects, and proactive/reactive Managed IT Services. Projects included servers and storage refresh, AllWorx Phone System implementation, network connectivity upgrades, and remote backup solutions..
Proactive Base Support Service Deliverables included:
- Monitoring of servers, devices, and network to maintain the highest level of uptime
- Centralized Microsoft patch management of devices and servers
- Daily backup monitoring and verification
- Monthly Reports: executive summary, work accomplished, and detailed ticket technician notes
- Ongoing needs assessment, strategic IT consultations, planning and recommendations
- Analyzation and maintenance of IT inventories, documentation and network architecture diagrams
- Monitoring network, firewall and other established reports for performance and security
- Monthly vulnerability scanning on firewall(s)
- Remote connect and endpoint management software
- Priority response to technical support calls
Technical Support Service Deliverables (on-site & off-site) included:
- Network Support: troubleshooting and resolving internet modems, working with ISP, router/firewall, switch, Wireless Access Point (WAP) and point-to-point systems
- Computer Support: configuring security settings, encrypting, configuring email, troubleshooting, and resolving malfunctions of business issued laptops, desktops, and tablets
- Mobile Device Support: configuring security settings, encrypting, configuring email, troubleshooting, and resolving malfunctions of business issued smart phones and tablets
- Server Support: configuring security settings, troubleshooting, and resolving malfunctions of business server systems
- Application Support: email systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues with application errors, working with third party vendors and escalating issues that cannot be resolved by GDC
- Printer Support: troubleshooting and resolving issues with printer jams, basic hardware malfunctions, driver issues and networking setup
- Telephony Support: troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Domain Administration: configuration, user account creation, deletion, or change; permission(s) change; and file/folder creation, deletion, or change
- Security and Virus: first line troubleshooting and resolving internet threat detection and correction
- Backup Remediation: troubleshooting and resolving failed backup systems
With GDC’s Managed IT Services, Mishicot has a technology partner with the experience and resources to guide them in an ever-changing landscape. GDC’s scalable solutions are customized to fit the unique cultural, budgetary, and technical needs of the District.
Over the past six years, Mishicot has felt confident that their IT needs are being met with the utmost expertise and that its partner has its best interests at heart. GDC’s onsite Dedicated Desktop Support resource provided not only the technical assistance initially needed, but also employed an accessible, friendly approach to customer service. Teachers and staff at Mishicot look at GDC’s onsite resource as one of their own and work efficiently with him to resolve IT issues.
With GDC, Mishicot has access to quality resources to keep all aspects of IT running smoothly. At the same time, the district feels GDC is nimble and streamlined enough to provide the attention they deserve. Through the Managed IT Services provided by GDC, Mishicot can focus on providing an exceptional education to the students in the surrounding community.
GDC has provided our district the opportunity to organize our current infrastructure, manage the growing number of assets, and ensure that our future visions become a reality. We are fortunate to partner with a company that shares the same goals and holds our staff and students in the highest regards. Piece of mind is a simple way to summarize what they have meant to our entire school community.